Sunday, July 23, 2006

Where have you been??

I know, I know...I'm dragging myself back here with my tail between my legs! I wonder if everyone has given up on me and stopped checking my blog for updates? Since the launch of pamperedcheeks.com it seems that I have found a new love. lol. It's not true, of course, but my life does tend to flow in seasons!

Pampered Cheeks is off to a nice easy start. I have sold 2 diapers and 1 cover through my website, and another diaper and cover off site. It is so fun to be meeting people. I have had made some local contacts and really enjoy teaching or even just answering questions about cloth diapering. I love to see people even consider for a moment switching from disposables to cloth! One of my online sales just left me a message this morning saying that she loved her Pampered Cheeks diaper and wished she could buy more! Oh, how glad that made my heart! Thank you, Lord, for letting my serger spit out another cute diaper. =) We're hanging in there together, though I bend my loopers on just about every 3rd diaper it seems.

I am a princess now. I was "crowned" on Friday. Actually a couple weeks ago a toothache sent me in search of a dentist. I had been driving a good 50 miles (one way) to the dentist and really hated it. Steph G referred me to her dentist and I am soooooooo grateful!! Very nice people over there. A quick visit revealed a bad crack in a tooth that had already had extensive fillings. So I was crowned. There were some comments about my tooth being the biggest molar they had ever seen. Gee, thanks. I said we should put it in the fair. Lovely dentist says it would win the blue ribbon. Or would have...it's pretty much gone now. Not to worry, I have an identical one on the other side.

Our summer is packed full with busy events. In addition to daycare, sewing diapers, and my regular CM events, I am trying to have fun! Mitch too. We have gone to the lake a few times, once Mitch's dad took us out on the boat and that was lots of fun. We got to take our big camping trip up the north shore drive, too. We went with the Emersons and the Heinens. It was so much fun! We had been planning it since this winter when we did a Bible study together.


The drive was beautiful, and so was Lake Superior. For the record, though, it does not compare to the ocean. They are different and should not be compared. If you think that looking at Superior is just as good as looking at the ocean, then you need to go to the ocean! I think in my heart I am partial to the place where I grew up (in the Appalachian mountains of Virginia and Kentucky). It was hard to put my memories aside and recognize the beauty and richness of northern Minnesota. Why did I feel like they were competing for my heart?
We had an amazing trip. It was just about as perfect in every way as could be expected. I mean, we had chosen our week and reserved the campsite months ago. The weather turned out wonderfully, and the mishaps that did find us make our memories rich, funny, and exciting. Who doesn't want to add that kind of flavor to a trip? It could have rained the whole time, ya know!
The princess, signing off...

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you're back! :) I have continued to check for updates, and was about to start giving you a bad time! lol

    BTW, I managed to get a new post on my blog too... although I need to do another after I've collected my thoughts! Or, perhaps I should use the blog to HELP me collect them!

    Love ya!
    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did we update the same day, but the same time! I had just finished blogging and checked yours again... LOL

    Speaking of side-tracked, I need to get to those diapers! Victory really loves the one I've finished, so I can't wait until I get the others done :) I'll get everything done that I can before I come over and set snaps. Then I'll need to work on some covers. You did say you have the FOE that I can use for those?

    Okay, well, have a great afternoon :)

    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete