Friday, August 11, 2006

Well, I have certainly been busy! We did well at the fair. We brought home many ribbons, and premium checks that totaled up more than $20! My carrot cake did not get a ribbon. :( But my photos got many second place ribbons, and the blanket that wasn't supposed to win anything also got a second place ribbon. The kids all got ribbons on their drawings, just by nature of how they do the judging. Micah's "I Love You" cookies won third place. It was a lot of fun. I think Micah was mildly disappointed, but the fact is he competed in the category that goes up to 16 years old, so we encouraged him that he did really well!

I spent 4 days down in the cities (but only stayed over 1 night) for scrapbooking related events. Three of the days were for the Creative Memories Showcase--the national convention. It was sooooooo awesome! I am jazzed about the new direction of the company and the new products that they are offering to help people tell their stories, without scrapbooking in the traditional sense.

Now that I am back home, I am back to the delicate balance of my hectic life. Mitch and I are making some changes on the home front, too, and I'm not just talking about how great my basement is looking. I am excited to embrace all that the future holds, in spite of how hard it looks right now I am certain that there are many blessings ahead.

Pictures of the basement are soon to come!

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday evening I asked my mom to pray for you and the decision you were making. I gave her an update today and she was happy for you :) She said, "Well, good! I was praying for her."

    You didn't mention the first place ribbon you got on one of your dresses... too humble?

    Have a great weekend :)
    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site Steph. I didn't realize you had a blog. Who knew you had the time. :)

    ReplyDelete