Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pregnant Brain

Have you ever read the book, "The monster at the end of this book," starring Grover from Sesame Street? I love the last page of the book that has just Grover and in very small letters he says "Oh, I am so embarrassed." I find myself saying that every now and then and that is the image that comes to mind. I am so glad I am pregnant and so I can blame my latest mishap (at least partly) on that.

Last night I was leaving to go to church. I had all the kids in the van finally after running up and down the stairs literally a half dozen times trying to get everything together. I put the van in reverse and backed down the driveway. Just then I remembered the armload of packages sitting by the door...all but one of them already had postage on them, I needed to get postage on the last one done in town. I thought I would grab the packages and drop them off on my way back home. So I (thought) I threw the shift into park and hopped out of the van, leaving it running and leaving my door open, and ran to grab the packages. I came back out to find the van pushing gently but firmly and persistantly against the garage door. :( Man, did I ever feel stupid. The kids inside the van were quite curious why I would do such a (d.u.m.b. as Steph G would say) thing. Obviously I had put it down into drive instead of up into park.

It's allright however. The dent in the door is quite noticeable. A friend from church came out this morning to take a look at it. He reinforced the something-or-other for me and straightened out the panels. He will be looking in to finding a new door for us when the time is right. For the time being it will work well enough (good thing we don't park in the garage and so aren't relying on it that much--besides storage, we also use it for shop tools).

Yep...pregnant brain.

On a good note, I saw the doctor yesterday and the baby is growing fine. We heard the heartbeat, and that's about all we can check out at this point. We are not going to find out what we are having this time, and it's driving Micah crazy (hee, hee). It will be a lot more fun come June when I go into labor now, won't it? =)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad it was you and not me who did that. Good thing you had not kept it in reverse or something and came out to find it in the neighbors yard. That would be really a d.u.m.b. thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that book! :) I'm glad you can all laugh about it...

    Oh! I noticed that Jaden's Believe diaper finally sold! I'm baffled as to why it took so long, but I'm glad someone finally picked it up.

    Okay, have a great day, and let me know how that interview goes.

    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete