Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Stats

Ok, so ya'll know me and my love for research. Here are the "statistics" on my little adventure ride this weekend:

"Kidney stones affect about 12% of men and 5% of women by the time they are 70 years old."
"Kidney stones that strike women are more apt to occur during pregnancy, usually in the third trimester. During pregnancy, women tend to have a higher calcium intake and at the same time their kidneys handle calcium less efficiently. Kidney stones are still a rare occurrence during pregnancy, however, affecting only 1 in 1,500 pregnancies."
http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_risk_factors_kidney_stones_000081_5.htm

Uh, does anyone want to take a guess at what the likelihood of that other stone they saw staying put is??? Ah, I didn't think so! I will revert to my previous position...statistics are just numbers and are subject to the bias of the interpreter...they do not predict the future!

I feel like I am in the minority...(Mitch says I am always in the minority) =P

Oh yeah, and since it's been a while, here is a 28-week picture to update you. Now, does this look like a girl tummy or a boy tummy??? =)


If you want to see a comparison pic, click this link: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/mstheis/pregnancycomparison.jpg
This has a picture of me (in white on the left) when I was 27 weeks pregnant with Josh, and the pic on the right is obviously the same as the one above. Hmmm...carrying a bit larger or a bit higher do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are doing better. I actually think it's a girl for you, too. I don't think the tummy makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be a girl tummy. I love the clothes down below. Of course you can make those. You are super Steph and can do ANYTHING. I can't wait to see them in person. Sorry I did not make it over this week. It was crazy over here.

    ReplyDelete