Friday, June 01, 2007

5 cm!!

I saw the doc today, and she says I am already 5 cm dilated--hurray--that's halfway there! I wasn't prepared for the state of panic it would cause. No baby yet. She asked me "How comfortable are you with walking around 5 cm dilated?" I said, "I don't know, how comfortable are you with it?" =) So we agreed to induce on Tuesday if I make it that far. Ahhhh...a VERY near end in sight.

I came home from the doc appt and immediately set myself to sewing to stay busy. I got 6 more fitted diapers done for the baby. Gender neutral this time. ;-) I also met with the realtor, who took measurements of our house and I happily handed over the cd of pictures to him. I hope he wasn't offended. I was glad to be able to check one more thing off my to-do list. That's one more goal met!

It will be baby time soon enough. I am now worried about if I will "know" soon enough or not. Will we be in such a hurry when things finally take a turn towards seriousness? My excitement is often mingled with disappointment as each hour creeps by with nothing progressing. I would love for this to happen all on its own, but at the same time I relish in the thought that Tuesday is the end. So there it is...something to be torn over. I should go sew something. Again.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) Congrats on the baby! Aren't you glad you knew in plenty of time? It didn't really seem to drag too much either... at least not on my end!! LOL

    Thanks for including me :)

    Love ya!
    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am doing ok...I will get an update posted soon. It's a LOT more chaotic here than I expected it to be. =S

    Steph

    ReplyDelete