We went back to the hospital this am for another bili draw. It didn't take the doc long to call us and let us know it was a 19. My mom said "Yay. It's coming down now and won't go back up." I wish the doctors shared her enthusiasm. They sent me back up to the hospital for more blood work. She requested a hemoglobin, peripheral smear, and coombs test. Both the peripheral smear and the coombs test will check for blood disorders. The peripheral smear will uncover if he has inherited spherocytosis from me. At any rate, either will give reason for why his bili is staying so high in spite of treatment.
I have been doing everything I can think of. He is on a bili blanket. I hate to say it, but it is probably the least effective form of treatment, because the light is so small and covers such a small surface area of his skin. However, it's my favorite form because I can still hold him.
To top it off the kids at home just need me and I'm pretty much worthless. I'm not healing fast enough to be any help to Mitch either. Not to mention we are trying to get our house on the market to sell...and trying to get a new job...and relocate. Aggghhhhh!!! I am an emotional wreck. We could certainly use some prayers!