Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mitch has a job!!

Wow, that was fast. Pretty much as soon as I hit "publish" on my last post I was feeling better. Right away, I was reminded how blessed we are. We have beautiful healthy children, a caring family, and we are surrounded by great friends who care about us. I was blessed during my "downer" of a day to get to talk to my mom (Janet), and to spend the evening with friends at my father-in-law's house (it's beautiful out there). I felt guilty for wallowing in self-pity--I know that actually life can be much more cruel than that and yet we still will have strength to give God the praise. But don't we all have moments like that? It is easy to get discouraged, and I'm sure there will be plenty more discouraging events ahead. Thanks for letting me whine...even if my problems seem petty compared to yours.

This week started off much better than last week. The kids were off to VBS, and Mitch hit the phones. He finally got through to both the school district office and to the school that had called and left a message last week. The guy at the district office said he would go to bat for Mitch right away and call him back by the end of the day. He did. He left Mitch with the names of 3 or 4 schools that he should call on Tuesday. Tuesday am came and the phone rang before Mitch could even get up! He was on the phone for over an hour--it was the school from last week. That afternoon he received another call and scheduled a phone interview for 12 pm on Wednesday. Wednesday am rolled around and promised to be a very active day. The realtors came to sign papers at 10 am. While they were here Mitch got 2 more calls. Set up another interview for 2 pm, left a message on the other call. 12 pm came and went with another hour-long interview. He liked that job. Phone rang 5 min later, and it was the district office offering him the job that he had interviewed for on Tuesday (following me here?). He was torn. He had promised he would take the first offer he got, but now he was really hoping for the job he had just gotten off the phone with. He asked if he could wait until tomorrow to give an answer. No need--before he could even tell me what was going on, they called back and offered him the second job. Whew! Drumroll please...

Mitch will be teaching 4th grade math, science and history at Dunn Elementary in the Aldine School District in Houston, Texas.

So he is no longer unemployed! And those are his favorite subjects! Yes, there are still a million other details that have to be worked out, but for the moment we are relishing in the victory. And certainly all glory does belong to God. He worked out the timing on those phone calls, that is for sure. And we are certain that He has placed Mitch in the right position in the right school.

We know that He has the right buyer for our house too. Can we trust Him and wait patiently until they come? *sigh* I wish I could say absolutely, but I also know my own weaknesses. I trust that whatever happens He has a plan and a purpose and that He will make it perfect in time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm celebrating with you, but also having to deal with my own emotions in realizing it's really happening. You're moving. Away from me. Can I cry just a little now?

    Got any open days next week? I'd love to hang out on Monday or Tuesday if we could. And I hope you are planning on coming to the fireworks at Dan and Diane's... remember to carpool! lol

    Love ya!
    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I kind of had a feeling you would be moving here for some reason. Houston is great. It's very diverse, and the col is low.
    If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to let me know. You have my email from when I bought all those diapers.
    Welcome to Texas...

    ReplyDelete