Monday, June 11, 2007

Thirteen Point Seven!!!

We enjoyed a nice weekend and I terribly enjoyed not having to go anywhere. It was so nice. We worked more on the basement and other areas of the house. We made a general mess overall, but we got lots of things done, especially trimming out doors and painting other doors. We made good progress!

We woke up this am and I tried to get ready as fast as I could to get to the hospital early. No use prolonging our anxiety, right? Micah alerted me that the doctor's office had called before I got up and I was a little irritated that he didn't just bring me the phone. Thankfully they had enough sense to leave a message (anyone else just inconvenienced by the privacy laws?). =) They wanted to see me after I left the hospital. Well, Dr. Tjaden wanted to see Malachi...I would like to think she wanted to see *me* but I know that she's doing her job. (I love her so much, LOL). It was all good news. He weighed 8 lbs 15 oz. I was mildly disappointed that he wasn't over 9 lbs already, but I'll take it. His bili level was down finally to 13.7. She said that once the babies get under 15 she discontinues phototherapy, so we can ditch the light--whoohoo--and we don't need to go back in for any more heel pricks. I'm so relieved. On the way home I felt like Malachi is FINALLY ours. Now we can all enjoy him. We can enjoy him in clothes and in every room in the house. =) No longer chained to the wall. Even better, I can do my own grocery shopping (not that Mitch isn't capable)!

Mitch got his first real job offer today. The call came from an administrator in a school in our preferred district (still to remain unnamed for the time being), and she offered him a position teaching just Math in 5th and 6th grades. He says he would like that. She warned him that tomorrow his name will be going out to all the other administrators in the district and he should be expecting more phone calls with more offers. Wow...that sounds great to me! God's timing is perfect.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you! Waaaaa for me :( Guess I have to let go of the idea now that you *might* get to stick around here.

    I'm so glad that Malachi is doing better. I can't wait to come over and wake him up for you. *big grin*

    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete