Sunday, August 26, 2007

2 weeks down...

How many to go? Yeah...I know...

Well, this was our first week of homeschool. We made all the mistakes the first two days so I think we are good now for the rest of the year! :) Well, that's probably an exaggeration. I did make quite a few mistakes. By Friday I think I had improved greatly, however, and we had a good day. It is hard to go from never teaching before to suddenly teaching 3 different grade levels. No one can say that I don't like a challenge! We are using the A Beka curriculum for every subject. Caleb is in 1st grade, Eden is in 3rd, and Micah is in 4th. I think as time goes on I will be able to be more flexible and change things around, but for now I am pretty much following the curriculum straight through. They make it simple enough. I am so pleased to see how smart my kids are. This has been such a valuable experience already and I wouldn't trade it for anything! We are using Building on the Rock from Summit Ministries for Bible and I'm super-excited about it.

No house news. :( We are considering renting out our Minnesota house so that we can have funds to buy/rent a house in Houston. Even that won't help with our overall goal to get out of debt, it will get us back together and help us avoid (for now) dropping the price of our house and increasing our debt. It is just a hard place to be in. I wish we knew what to do. Is it better to cut our losses and sell now or to hang on to it (pay interest) and hope that the market will improve? Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

Nighttime is the hardest. I hate going to bed. We typically go to bed at different times anyways, but it's the knowing that he will not be there when I wake up. Last night I actually had a dream and when I "woke up" I was already in the process of getting out of bed--I guess I was dreaming I needed to go do something. It was the weirdest thing. Mitch had a similar experience one of his first nights in the house that he is staying in. I find myself frequently thinking that he is going to be "home" soon, and it's a strange reality that he is not. I can't wait for this to be over. I'm glad that it will be over at some point. I wish I knew how long. :(

1 comment:

  1. It's a bad market right now. My parents actually took their house off of the market, because no one came to see it...
    Remember, if you all need anything when you get to Houston, let me know. I'm clear on the other side of town, but that doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete