Thursday, October 04, 2007

Random Thoughts

I spent a little time updating my Pampered Cheeks website today. If you would like to see Malachi's diaper stash (and his cute round legs), here ya go: http://www.pamperedcheeks.com/malachi_jude_4_months.htm

I am still jazzed about the selling spree that is going on over there. It's about now that I start to get a little panicky. I think about crazy what ifs such as "what if all my diapers fall apart?" Utter humiliation would follow, of course! But they're not going to fall apart. They have been well tested. Still...the irrational fear of failure is there. I'm looking at 3 white packages sitting beside the computer that will get labeled and mailed tomorrow, and it just amazes me. People want my diapers. I'm even further obsessed. I'll sit and do google searches to see if people talk about me. LOL. Yes, they do. Mostly it's good, too. =) So where do I go from here? My paypal account sure is looking healthy. I need a plan. I've been running a couple around in my mind, but since I threw out my crystal ball (hahaha), I am not sure what is next.

We enjoyed a gorgeous walk out at St. John's University Arboretum today. The temperature was in the 70s and the sun was shining. Micah and Eden both enjoyed recalling facts from school field trips out there. Paul (Mitch's dad) was our tour guide today.

I bought a huge bag of cheap candy at Sam's club yesterday. This morning I stuffed a bunch of pieces into my pockets. As the kids worked diligently, I rewarded them with pieces of candy, but did not allow them to eat it. There were times when I took back pieces of candy (being naughty, for example). At the end of the day I decided I had had more cooperation from them than normal...all for 4 or 5 small pieces of candy which they enjoyed after supper. That was a pretty good deal, I think. Mitch is not allowed to use this kind of reward in his classroom for two reasons: the poverty level and health concerns. I think that is good too.

We listened to most of the big Atheist-Christian debate last night on the radio. Micah understood some of it. I let out a loud whoop at the end when the Atheist declared he was not really an atheist. He said, "We cannot know for sure that there is no God." Well, my friend, if you do not know for sure there is no God, then that makes you an agnostic, not an atheist. Of course, there really is no such thing as an atheist, but that's another long explanation!


Oh yeah, here is a great pic from our walk...

6 comments:

  1. careful about using the word "pamper" in your diapers. you could end up dealing with intellectual property suits if you ever achieve even a modicom of success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I came to comment about how glad I was that the candy was helping to smooth things out at your house. But now I'm here on the comment page saying "WHAT??!!?" I'm going to go calm down some, but I'll check with you later to see how Micah is doing :)

    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, nice website/store! And your kiddos are growing, wow! BTW, this is Jami from college if you didn't know. :P I just started my own blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want your diapers, too. But, you don't have very many medium sizes, and my baby is bigger than newborn. (She's a week younger than Malachi).
    And, they aren't falling apart. I actually cut one apart to see what you did to make it, and I had to cut pretty hard!

    ReplyDelete