Friday, February 22, 2008

It's the weekend already!

Yay...I love the weekend. I still look forward to my Saturday sewing days! This week has been a real thinking/growing week for me at Pampered Cheeks. I worked hard all week on a training pants pattern, and nailed one of the two I hope to offer. I also designed new inserts for pocket diapers. Yesterday I took out all my sized pocket diapers and redrew the patterns to come up with a more trim fit. They are looking really good and almost ready for a photo shoot. I'm excited because a good friend of mine is going to have a baby any day now, and she is going to use cloth diapers. MY cloth diapers. :) It just dawned on me today that she would be willing to test anything newborn I need tested, so now I am going to put on my thinking cap and get some stuff ready for this ellusive period that passes soooo quickly.

The kids were done with school today fairly early again. We all did a little happy dance. Micah was even a little encouraging to me. He said, "Mom, I wish YOU would make my worksheets for me." I'm not sure why he thinks I'm qualified...or maybe he thinks they would be easier...but it made me feel good. I mean, he knows full well if he were back at SCCS this is exactly the same work he would be doing there. For once he actually CHOSE me over school. Interesting...

Since the kids were done with school early, I allowed them to watch a movie this afternoon. They chose Star Wars VI, which they borrowed from a friend. It has been years since I have seen the movies, and I really want to take time to watch them but haven't. I had to put MJ down for a nap and passed by the t.v. I got sucked in when I knew I didn't want to (I had time to sew, after all!). Let me tell you, if you ever want to know how a movie, or even just a certain scene, ends without watching it all or enduring the suspense, then watch it with my kids (provided they have seen it already). They'll tell you anything you want to know BEFORE it happens. Oh, and on the flip side of that, if you don't like to have the movie spoiled for you...um...don't watch it with my kids. :) I used this to my advantage to get "unstuck" from the t.v. and get on to bigger and better things.

Speaking of...right now my bed seems bigger and better. Oh...one more thing...Zeke stayed dry all night last night, even slept in regular underwear (on accident). Josh stayed dry too, but peed in the floor of the bathroom upon waking. Zeke had two wet-underwear incidences today. :( Josh did good mostly all day. We went to the pool at the Y tonight, so they both probably drank way more water than normal, and will probably flood the beds overnight.

Ok, that's all. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment