Friday, February 29, 2008

Maybe I Should Have Left Her There...

As if I weren't already having second thoughts about bailing the dog out of the pound, now I definitely am. Tonight Zeke opened the front door and out Lady ran. Again. I was livid. At least Mitch was outside this time and tried to catch her (it's the effort that counts, right?). We hopped in the truck and drove around for a little while looking for her. As we pulled in the driveway Mitch's cell phone rang. Our neighbors two doors down had her. He walked up to the house and the wife let him in the front door. Simultaneously her husband was going out the garage door. Lady saw Mitch and bolted out the garage door and once again into freedom. I couldn't believe it. I was ready to throw a fit. Mitch asked them to bring their puppy outside in hopes of luring Lady. It worked! She came running up to play with her new "friend" and their owner snagged her by the collar (which is on a whole lot tighter now). Just to be sure she was safe, Mitch carried her home in his arms.

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh that dog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment