Thursday, February 07, 2008


Things are still going well here. I made 8 more fitted diapers this weekend and 6 one-size pocket diapers. I have a few other orders promised by next week. Oye! The kids have had a busy week at school. I feel so bad because we passed a landmark for them--their 100th day--which was always celebrated with a party and many fun games at the Christian school. I feel kinda like I've let them down. They knew it was coming, and I heard them talking about it and looking forward to it. I don't know why I am so terrible at planning out these things. I stink at it (birthdays too)! =P Everyone keeps encouraging me that it will get better. I hope they're right, because I want to quit as it is right now!

Malachi seems to be getting a *tad* thinner. He's probably just getting taller. He is eating applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes, and squash. I frequently mix in rice or oatmeal infant cereal. He gags on just about everything else (peas, carrots), but we did get him to eat some vegetable beef soup the other day after I put it through the baby food mill. I cringed as I did cause I knew if he had an allergic reaction we'd never figure out what it was to. But in the end I was glad he was eating *something* different. He's sitting here clicking his tongue at me right now and thinks he's so cute. He laughs every time I look at him (see picture above). He loves to pull up just to his knees. I put him on the scale at the Y the other day and he was 21 lbs.

Josh is doing really well with potty training. It is so hard to believe that he's there already. I would have to say he is completely trained at night as he hasn't wet the bed at night since we began training. Yesterday he was dry all day, even while we were out, but had like 3 accidents in the span of 2 hours right around supper time. I'm not sure what was up with that. He had an accident today at lunch too. But he's definitely getting there--at lightening fast pace!

Zeke hasn't had much of a change in accidents now that his surgery is healing up good. I'm kinda bummed about that too. Today I made a potty chart for him. I told him that every time I check his underwear and they are dry I will give him a sticker. He has gotten 4 stickers today and only missed the opportunity one time. I try to check him about every hour, and I have him sit on the potty when I do. The time that he was wet was when it had been almost 2 hours (not an unreasonable amount of time to expect a 4 year old to stay dry). My goal is to see if this is behavioral, habitual, or uncontrollable. If he can learn to control it by staying dry with motivation over longer and longer periods of time, then good. Otherwise, we will figure out by stretching out the times if he is not able to hold it for longer than a certain period of time. I think anyways.

We have a busy weekend ahead. I think I am starting to count down the days until spring break. I tried to convince the kids to do a 4-day week by doing a little extra work each day, and only Eden wants to try it. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I forget how old Zeke is, but if he is youngish...
    My dd Natalie wet herself many, many times a day from the time she was potty trained until she was about 4 1/2 yrs old. I also had that surgery done as a kid, because I wet the bed at night. We did not have it done with Natalie, because it did not work for me and her ped advised us to wait until she was school aged. It seems like overnight she suddenly doesn't have accidents anymore. She turned five in september and is doing very well. She still has days where she gets too involved in playing and has an accident, but they are much less often now. (Though we really have to watch her at grandmas house- she gets really interested in the toys there, so I stop her every hour or so)

    Hope things work themselves out with Zeke soon! At least he didn't suffer any pain from the surgery- tough little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete