Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is almost here!! (NOT)

Can you believe it? The first day of spring is in only 2 days?! It's so nice. The sun, when it chooses to shine, is up until almost 8 pm (thanks to daylight savings time). Our schedules are so messed up that we often don't eat supper until then. =S I love the long days. But boy, I'm wondering when spring will actually arrive. This is the scene that I woke up to this morning:







Before you know it, people will be lined up at the farm to buy their plants from the nursery. The owner has been working late nights...I've seen the glow from the greenhouse as I sit up late.




Ahhh, before long I might let the kids out of their close confines to play with their toys.


And slide down the abandoned slide.





But I don't know for sure. It's all going to be muddy. :oP


Last week we had some bright sunny days that really led me to believe that spring was going to make it. The kids and I took a walk. The temp was actually about 40 degrees F, and I was able to walk in only a sweatshirt (amazing how it strengthens your endurance). The kids asked me, "Is that the last of the snow?" In a different year, yes, but this year, I answered "Probably not." Boy, was I right! The nice thing is that it won't stay around for long, really.


By the way, when we took our walk, the sidewalks were covered with puddles. It didn't look so bad when we headed out--they looked mostly dry with a few wet spots. The picture totally changes when walking with a 4-year old boy and a 2-year old boy. You can probably get the 4-year old to stop splashing *most* of the time, but just try to get the 2-year old to. Go ahead try it.


Ok, one more picture. My father in law had the 4 oldest kids over to his house on Saturday to ride the little snowmobile. They had so much fun. He was really on top of things and took lots of pictures, and when he brought the kids home he handed me a c.d. I am soooo impressed! Not even I am that organized. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment