Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prince Caspian

We went to see the movie on Sunday after church. The kids were ecstatic. Poor Caleb didn't even want to go to church (but conceded after learning that the first showing would not start until church was almost over anyways). He was probably the most outwardly excited of all our kids. A little background on Caleb...this boy perpetually lives in the future. He talks endlessly about what he is going to do when he grows up. It's gotten to the point where I have started writing some of his plans down. I'll share them another time. The kids had been counting down the days. Caleb had listened to the radio drama version at least twice last week. He was ready! The appointed time to leave finally arrived. We slid into our chairs just in time to see most of the previews (oh joy...more movies to daydream about seeing). For the next 2.5 hours Caleb actually lived in the present. It was astounding. He was so enraptured in the movie that he hardly ate one handful of popcorn. He loved it.

Here is how everyone else fared:
Eden ate most of the popcorn herself (she's kind of the popcorn queen), but I did help a lot too.
Zeke and Josh made one potty trip, right in the middle of storming Miraz's castle.
Malachi nursed off and on, wollering me to death, until he finally fell asleep. He stayed asleep until the very end.
Micah is forever a "black OR white" kind of guy--it's either right or wrong and there's no gray area. He was quite disappointed that the movie turned out to be SO different from the book and radio drama.

Nevermind that I warned them repeatedly before going that the movie was different than the book.

It turns out that I had set myself up for it so much I was surprised by how similar it was to the book!

Can you guess what the first thing Caleb said when we walked in the door at home afterwards?

"Can I listen to 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' on c.d.?"

Oh my, it's going to be a long year until the next movie is out...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad that you all were able to go together, too bad they don't remember going to see the play when we all went to see 'The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe'. I wonder how much they would critique on that now?? Ha!Ha!! Everything is going okay here. Just waiting for the big break!! Hope you all are doing fine. Say hello to all! Love and miss you much! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I should have said that Mitch and Holly were the ones who sacrificed a few minutes of the movie to take Zeke and Josh to the bathroom. :)

    ReplyDelete