Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not Gone...

No news is good news, right? Or should I say "there's been nothing to write home about"? It's been pretty much business-as-usual here. We are enjoying the summer. It has finally warmed up (no more snow, yay!) to a level that is quite acceptable to me. I hover precariously, however, between comfortable in shorts and ready to put on a sweater. It's a tough balance! We have had our air conditioner on, and I swear it's all I can do to keep myself from tinkering with the thermostat constantly. I'm hot one minute and freezing the next. Now here's a turn--at night I am hot all the time (other than the initial climbing into the cold bed) and kick the covers off. Poor Mitch (who is notorious for wearing shorts when it is freezing--literally--out) was cold all night. Sigh. I guess it's the best we'll get this side of heaven!

The kids have been working hard on a new chore system. Mitch & I compiled a list of chores that need to be done daily, and a list for Saturday that includes weekly chores. I mainly compiled the list, Mitch was more in charge of motivating the kids. He did a great job. They plow through that list and our house is thanking us. It's coming along slowly but surely.

We are not doing school through the summer, but so far we have practiced handwriting. I had hoped to be doing quite a bit more, but the dust hasn't settled yet. We're just movin' and shakin' it seems like all the time, and if we're not, then I'm tied up sewing. We are trying to stay at home most of the time. Keeping that truck parked helps us save a lot on gas money. I strive every week to see how little we can keep it...do you think I can go from Sunday to Sunday without going out with everyone in tow? I sometimes can, with a little coordination.

This week I won't be able to...Caleb is off to camp. He goes up on Wednesday and comes back on Friday. Mitch works both days, so I'll be hauling him. Caleb is SO excited. This will be his first trip to camp. I think he's a little nervous, too, but he's acting all tough about it. I know he's going to have a blast and forget all about us. :)

Well, I need to go for now...I'm working late tonight! I hear a little boy who may need some help finding his way to the potty...

No comments:

Post a Comment