Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Letter from Mitch

I was excited to find another letter from Mitch in my inbox this morning.

Hey Girl,

Thanks for writing. I am unable to check often, since I needed to walk a mile or more to get to the cafe. I found a closer place though. We are doing great, many pictures soon, maybe tonight. Please keep everyone updated, including Marilyn K. My name here is Misha, so more jokes about names after we get back. I miss you so very much. All are doing great here, it is always strange how God provides wonderful sleep and rest. I wanted to encourage you with how God's sovereighty is over everything. On the trip here, I couldn't sleep because my legs were cramping so badly. I was in the middle of many sleeping people and I did not want to bother them by getting up. I did not sleep except for 10 minutes or so on the second flight. So I arrived here with only 10 minutes of sleep in I think 36 hours or so. Then we lost luggage and had to stay up to get luggage at midnight from airport. We did not get much rest, going to bed after 3 am. We had to be up at 9 for breakfast or so. But Josh and I both set our clocks wrong because we were too tired to think right. So I was up at 7: 30, way too early. I went back to bed, but did not get much rest. I arrived in Horol with only a few hours sleep over 2 days. I thought I was going to be just wiped out, and we went to bed around 10 or 11 pm, I think. I woke up on my own about 3:30 am, it was 7:30 pm in Minnesota. I was wide awake, so I laid in bed for about an hour frustrated. I finally got out of bed at 4:30 am, because I could not sleep. I went to the kitchen and read from Romans, and some devotions from John Piper's book. I had many hours of quiet time before anyone else awoke. Then I was able to get to know the Pastor's family as they made breakfast. I was surprised at only getting a few hours of sleep once again, but I was not tired at all. God provided, as he always does. I have to go, because Sasha is getting very bored watching me type. He says we have to go, or he will punish me. Sasha is my translator, he is a very good man. God is preparing a way here always. Sasha says hi to Jerry, Marilyn K., Chuck, Mark and Veronica Anderson, John and Lacy, Jennifer Greener, Twila Pulford, and everyone else at church. God bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment