Sunday, July 27, 2008

Letters from Mitch!

I was thrilled to wake up this morning (albeit late, since I was up until 1:30 am sewing) to find 3 letters from Mitch in my inbox. Here is what he writes from Horol (or the ones I'm willing to share anyway...the other is a little too tender to share...smile):

Hey girl, I just wanted to catch you before church today. First of all, I love and miss you very much. Tell all the kids I am missing being able to kiss and hug them each day. It is fun to see God working in different parts of the world. The electricity and internet were not working at pastors house, so we could not write till now. We walked down to an internet cafe so we all could get some "American Time."

I would ask you to call and have someone from church print out a report for a church update at first service. I am going to send 6 prayer requests from the Pastor Grygoriy her in Horol:

1. For good weather conditions during the day camp.
2. For wisdom for leaders all day for the best day camp possible.
3. For the children and their parents so they can be open for the Gospel
4. For success at the youth meeting ( pastor wants to try something different)
5. For Sunday School to work well
6. For the newcomers at the youth meetings

Our team would also add:

1. Many children would attend the adventure camp
2. Safety in our travel
3. Overcoming language barriers and difficulty using translators
4. Deepening relationships with Ukranians
5. Overcoming fear of public speaking (esp. Mitch) to communicate well
6. Lady in church is expecting baby any day now

Praises:

1. Our seven missing bags were found
2. We have already made friends with many Ukranians
3. Very good weather
4. Good team relationships
5. Safety
6. Many, many more...

I will write again soon, hopefully.


I didn't get up early enough to take this to first service at church, but I'll take it to the second service. And here is what the prayer calendar says for today:

Worshiping our Lord and fellowshipping with our brothers and sisters in Horol.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

[I am tempted to interject here that I know just how *beautiful* Mitch's feet are...but I'll refrain...lol...]

He also sent a picture of one of the team members, Josh, speaking at church. And with that, I'll close and get the kids bathed for church!

No comments:

Post a Comment