Friday, July 25, 2008

On to Horol!

Or Khorol if you want to find it on google maps. :)

So the team did have some bumps in the road yesterday. Mitch called to say that their group as a whole (they are traveling with other teams from MN) lost 65 bags. Our team lost 7 of their 10 bags. They were in line filling out paperwork. He called back at 4:30 pm our time, 12:30 am their time, to say that they were still at the airport but now "lots of bags are coming in". They had 4 of their bags (not sure if he meant 4 more bags or 4 total bags), and their spirits were high--he sounded positive that all the bags would be there. They had been to dinner--Pizza--at a local Baptist church and said it was very good. They were going to a university to sleep for the night. Today they travel to Horol (not sure how), which by looking at a map looks to me like 120 miles from Kiev.

Here is what the prayer calendar says for today:

We arrive in Horol. We will unpack & spend time with the family. Pray that God would protect us from the attacks of Satan as we enter our mission field.

Ephesians
5546:10
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
6:13
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
6:14
Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
6:15
and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
6:16
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
6:17
and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
6:18
praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
6:19
and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,

****************

On the home front things are going well. Kristin came over yesterday to bring us lunch and just be "another adult" in the house. That was very helpful! The oldest 3 kids went to Paul's house for supper and a bonfire. The younger 3 went down for a late afternoon nap. Malachi woke up from his nap and when I tried to give him some supper he started screaming. His whole body went rigid--he was bent over backwards and wailing like I'd never heard before. I put him to the floor (he wouldn't let me hold him), and he curled into a ball and screamed and screamed. After about 10-15 min of this, I called Paul and Holly headed over. I took Malachi and finally got him interested in nursing at least. After that he eventually calmed down. By the time Holly arrived, he was happy and playing on the floor. I'm a little frustrated, though. A temper tantrum? Seriously? How am I supposed to know when something is really wrong?! I was ready to head off to the ER with this child over the way he was acting.

Today the mom of one of the team members has offered to watch all the kids for a few hours and feed them lunch. So I'm going to load them up here in a little while and drop them off. I will get my weekly grocery shopping done. With some thought into it, I will try to get TWO weeks worth of shopping done so I don't have to go out again. I had another offer to watch just Malachi and Joshua for the day tomorrow, but after the screaming fit MJ had last night, I'm not sure he's ready for that (or if the world is ready to take him on). Arrrghhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment