Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday's prayer requests

I forgot to post Wednesday's prayer request, didn't I? :) Here is what it said:
Today they will learn about how Noah encountered the storm, enduring the trials of life. The lesson will teach that God will not test us beyond what we are able to stand.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Thursday is an important day to cover in prayer because the children will be presented with the gospel message. Here is what the calendar says:
Today the children will see that just as Noah was obedient, and was saved from the Flood as a result, we too must obey God to enjoy His protection.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

A quick update from Mitch let us know that the church member who was due to deliver a baby any day did have her baby today. They had a little boy. They have a daughter already, and were hoping for a boy. :)

In his own words, here is an update on camp (notice the broken English already, lol):
"Camp is going very well, we were blessed to have over 100 kids come for first day of camp. Yesterday, maybe 150 come. Today, we over 160 children. God is blessing and we trying to work where he is moving here."

I'm not going to upload the pictures here (just running out of time), but if you want to see them, I did forward them on to church for their website: Horol Adventure Camp

Also tonight was Wednesday night services. The men and women meet separately and bring encouragement and fellowship. Knowing Marilyn Mailloux, one of the team members, personally, I know the women will be very blessed to meet with her! :)

**************

On the home front things are moving (albeit bumpy) along. I'm grateful for my friends who have really pitched in to help! One friend has had several of my kids 3 days this week off to various activities keeping them quite busy. Last night was NOT a good sewing night for me. I had gotten off on the wrong foot on Monday and didn't get as much done as I needed to. So Tuesday I stayed up late to catch up. I ended up making a mess that took until 2:30 am to correct. :( So I've been quite short-tempered to say the least today. And I didn't get much sewing done today either. So now the kids are heading to bed (not fast enough), and I'm heading off to sew. My temper flares and the kids just copy me, right down to the littlest one. It's so hard and frustrating. So I could use some prayer there for an extra-large helping of patience, understanding, and a quiet voice. (Not losing my voice though like I did last year--that was not cool).

And I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment