Thursday, July 10, 2008

Warning: A post in which I sound off, which usually includes politics

A friend of mine sent this to me. It is a link to Barack Obama's website people page (where you can link up with groups of supporters who are just like *you*). For the moment, until someone realizes the error, visit the page and see if you can find the appropriate group for straight, white males. Um...there's not one.

http://www.barackobama.com/people/


There is a link for
Asian Americans
African Americans
Americans Abroad
Americans with disabilities
Environmentalists
First Americans (Native American Indians)
Generation Obama ("young activists")
Kids
Latinos
Labor
LGBT (um...their logo gets it's own little "rainbow")
People of Faith (I especially like how this group's description is the narrowest of all)
Students
Veterans
Women

And that's it. So, let's say you are a straight, white, male atheist. I guess that means you must be either an Environmentalist, part of a union, or working abroad. Dont' fit that description? Awwww...come on!

Think I'm exaggerating?

I think this group of people really sketches out a good description of who Barack Obama is.

The meager morsel thrown to "People of Faith" gags me.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Don't EVEN get me started on this.... LOL!! I could go on alllll day. So many people are deceived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I don't even get involved... When Focus on the Family sends out their candidate info around election time then I read and decide from that. As for the rest... way too depressing for me!

    ReplyDelete