Friday, August 01, 2008

Middle of the day update

I just love this latest update from Mitch. I had written to him and asked him to find me some "yummy" fabric to make some special diapers. I also asked him if he was learning any Ukranian words. I think he's learning some Ukranian English. :) He wrote back:

It is funny mentioned this today. Sasha and I just checked for today after Adventure Camp. I am getting early tomorrow to check for more. I have not found any yet. More tomorrow.

Camp ended today. Emotional draining day. Sasha asked me to move here and teach english a school. He said he teach me Ukranian. I told I think it over. I been considering foreign country for long time. Being here make easy to say "yes" if God opens door.

We spend much the morning signing our names on shirt of kids. They see us in sidewalk and run over to us. They spill fast Ukranian over us. It is hard enough to think one speaking, but when 3 or 4 are it is too much. We sign shirts and walk as we talk. It is amazing how good charades works when neither speak good each othere. Last night we had "Birch Juice." The translators told us, but all team heard as "Bird Juice." I asked how many birds you need squeeze to make 1 cup? We laughed over many. Also, Nastya (more translator) one day as walking translated a sign on government building as, "government and blah, blah, blah." I said, "Oh great, we have a translator that says, "blah, blah, blah." I told her she probably says that when I am speaking also. We laughed over blah, blah, blah many times.

Got to go, Kelsey is done. Later.

We go to meet kids in streets for youth night, pray for some to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment