Saturday, September 13, 2008

1st Haircut

Before:



I gave Malachi his first haircut tonight. How I did it was I started out during a cuddly time. He was happy and content snuggling on my lap, so we moved the snuggle to the bathroom. After the initial cut I realized I'd have much better luck if his fine hair was damp. So we moved to the bathroom sink. I set him on the sink with his feet dangling in the basin since I knew that would be an attraction for him. What ended up happening is I let him sit there for the remainder of the cut playing in the cold water. Yeah, we wasted a little water, but it was well worth it! He looks so much like a little boy now and not so baby-ish. And I knew that I would be cutting off his curls since they are wide, not tight like Zeke's and Josh's, so I was already prepared for that. He does seem to have a little bit of curl left in the back, but it didn't show up well in the picture. There's definitely some body there. He's so cute!

After:



1 comment:

  1. Awww, he's so cute! Great job on the haircut. :)

    ReplyDelete