Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Houston we have a heartbeat

I was thrilled to go to the doctor yesterday and hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was in the 160s. The doc was having a hard time "catching" it at first. We would briefly hear it, then a lot of swooshing (baby moving) and it would be gone. So this one is quite active without the pepsi. The doctor muttered, "Ugh, stinker!" She finally got it good and said, "Now it's trapped." I thought that was funny. Everything looks good.

We went to the park last night and took family pictures. Holly helped us get a family shot. It was much chillier out than I expected, so we all huddled really, really close and it looks so good. Is it wrong of me not to post it? I want to use it for our Christmas card (assuming I ever get that one out). Well, ok, I guess I'll post it. You know, just in case my best intentions don't play out. I also took individual pics of each kid as their "annual" or school picture. They all turned out really good with a few extra tries on some. Eden was the only person that got a great picture on the first try.

2 comments:

  1. awwww!!! That's a TERRIFIC picture!!

    And the baby, yeah!! Hearing the heartbeat is so much fun. You know, I hold to that silly high/low superstition and I think you have yourself one active little lady in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen Angel's heartbeat when he was hooked up to the monitor yesterday. Goofy baby. Would be at his regular 140, jump to 160, and go totally off the screen the next minute. It scared me to death to not see nothing for those few beats. But the nurse said everything looked great. So you just gotta go with what they tell you. Everyone looks so big!!! I miss them all. Hugs and kisses to everyone, love you, Carrie

    ReplyDelete