Friday, November 07, 2008

A Little Fun...to Lighten the Mood

First, I think it's safe to say I "popped". Here is my 15 w 3 d belly pic. My tummy yesterday morning looked so funny! I think I'm carrying differently, but it's a little early to tell for sure. I made both the shirt (it's an undershirt) and the jeans!

Next, Kristin has been crocheting baby hats, and that reminded me of all the cute newborn pics I see on the message boards of newborns wearing adorable hats...unlike the ones my hospital uses...and I got a wild hair that I wanted to knit a hat. So I did. My stitches are terribly uneven! It's pretty funny. I'm good at crochet, but not so much at knit. We are using this doll to model because Kristin & I measured her head and it's the same circumference as an "average" newborn.

The yarn is very special. It was my grandmother's. :)


I had some cotton yard that I LOVE and I really wanted to try again making another hat. I felt bad using *blue* yarn, because I'm convinced I'm having a girl. ;) {Don't forget to vote!} But I love the yarn that I did it anyways. Well, it is 4-ply yarn and the pattern calls for 3-ply. Also it's just heavier, and it doesn't have as good of recovery as acrylic yarn does. Therefore, something strange happened and it ended up plenty big enough to fit Malachi! Isn't it adorable???

I don't feel so bad after all now.

Finally, Mitch was browsing You Tube the other day and came across this WILDLY popular video. If you haven't seen it yet, you are in for a treat. Here is a kudos to brothers!!

"Charlie bit my finger"

6 comments:

  1. Your belly really did pop out there! You have such a cute little belly! That is so awesome that you make your own maternity clothes!! They look so nice too! I can barely get DD's clothes made...so I will continue to stick with my Goodwill finds for this pregnancy.
    You did a great job on the hats too!
    That video is cute...the accent of the little boy and him sticking his own finger in Charlie's mouth is just to funny!

    I still say you are having a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did pop! As for the video... All the kids watched with me and we had to replay it 1/2 a dozen times. LOL

    I love an English accent... and hearing it from a little boy? Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! And to think you were going to hide it until 20wks. You look so darn cute.

    You sew, crochet and knit!? You never cease to amaze me! Your hats are darling.

    My sis showed me the Charlie Bit Me video a while back. What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new baby :o). I just love the hats! I think I might get busy on some for my own kids :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sister and family~
    Looks like you have been extra busy while I've just been 'laying around'. :) Finally got out today with Angel. I pray that you do not EVER have to have a c-section. Your body betrays you in more ways than you could ever imagine. I thank you for listening to me through all of the pain and tears. Have to run to work and get insurance filed, so you all keep knitting and sewing, and hopefully you will get the girl you need to even out our numbers! :) Love and miss you all much!! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look great! Hello some how I found your blog looking for things on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia and im not sure how, anyways you have a great blog and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete