Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thoughts...

First of all, thanks for everyone who has voted so far on the gender poll! It's way too much fun. Mitch (who thinks this baby is a boy) has accused me (who thinks the baby *may* actually be a girl) of somehow messing with the numbers or guilting you into voting "girl". I assured him I have not!

Next, I have been strangely quiet this political season. I will not deny that the results of the election were largely a disappointment to me. It was not Republicans who lost yesterday. It was unborn babies. :( This verse has been a great comfort to me today:
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Barak Obama may be President-Elect, but Jesus is still KING!!

Finally, if there is any doubt in your mind that there *might* be a reason to EVER abort a child or do induced labor abortion, please watch this video. It may make you cry. They showed it at our church for Sanctity of Life and I bawled. It's incredible. Mitch and I have discussed different scenarios at length, even ectopic pregnancy, and we will never terminate a pregnancy or do an early induction, no matter how bleak the prognosis. We will never really know the pain without walking down that road. I'm grateful for people who make incredible videos like this that MAGNIFY God's perfect goodness. I can't even begin to understand, but I cling to hope.

3 comments:

  1. what a touching video, Steph...

    I am more disappointed that there are so many in our country who are so willing to overlook all the negatives because of a thin hope of "getting more", even when that more is money they did not earn to begin with. that my children are growing up in a world of such greed. It has strengthened my efforts to keep holidays small and simple, focusing on the real meanings and to teach my children daily about sharing and giving, as well as about honor. So many lost their honor when they voted to get more off the backs of those who worked hard to get what they have. Sadly, I fear our country is going to change for the worse and it will take many generations to get it back on track.

    We as parents must work all that much harder to teach our children the lessons they must learn so they can one day lead our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, this is what our country is made up of. It's been inching this direction, and now it's so sad to believe that America would vote for a man who believes a woman should have the right to kill her unborn child at any time, strip funding for pregnancy centers who try to help, the 95-10 bill that would reduce abortions by 95% and help protect the poor women from getting into an unwanted pregnancy, and make us pay taxes for these abortions. It's a sign of the times, as my grandparents like to say. One preacher we heard on Saturday said he used to mourn the bad things that happen on the earth, but then one day he realized that the bad things are only getting us closer to our reward. Come, Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was the pg hormonal women should not watch this video disclaimer??? That was a beautiful baby and story! I am bawling my eyes out now!!

    ReplyDelete