Sunday, December 07, 2008

Busy Times

We had a busy weekend! Mitch worked this weekend. I was doing our monthly calendar and just about freaked when I realized that Christmas is less than 3 weeks away. This comes on the heels of having a bad dream that we "forgot" to decorate for Christmas. It was all the motivation I needed: the burst of energy drove me to grab Micah and head for the decorations hidden in the garage attic. We drug out the heavy tree, decorations box, and other assorted boxes all by ourselves. I knew I probably did too much, so once we wrestled the heavy stuff inside I parked myself on the couch and had the kids do the rest. They moved furniture, vacuumed, and even carried the heavy tree up the stairs by themselves! Ok, well I did a *little* furniture moving. But they were a huge help. I'm relieved to have the tree up and it actually looking like Christmas around here, but I do have a little anxiety about all the things we would like to get done this season (don't we all?). There's not enough time to do it "all." Here are some pics I snapped of the tree:






We got a pretty good blanket of snow today (about 1 inch). It looks nice outside. The roads are icy, though. It's very cold outside (barely got up to 12 degrees today), and it doesn't look much warmer for the next 10 days. Looks like the snow is here to stay! The Farmer's Almanac said this would be a bitterly cold winter. So much for global warming.

Well, my kids are not cooperating with the "clean up and get ready for bed" instructions I just gave them, so I need to go deal with the chaos. More later! (Yeah, in my head...LOL) Our paper star on top has a special story, but I'll have to save it for a different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment