Sunday, December 07, 2008

Finished!


Yay--I just finished Malachi's blanket. 2 years later. But I met my "new" deadline--I got it done before my ultrasound on Friday. Now sometime after my u/s, I will start a blanket for the new baby. :) I know MJ is going to love his blanket. He would try to pull it off my lap anytime he could while I was working on it. It was a pain in the butt to do because I had to switch colors at the end of EVERY row (and I couldn't just leave the thread attached and work it in...it had to be finished off at every row). So Malachi was often tempted to steal the blanket when I was between rows because then it was no longer attached to anything. Not that he cared a whole lot--he was also happy to pull out my work to get to the end of the row. That is all no more--it's finished now! I'll wrap it up and give it to him for Christmas. :)

2 comments:

  1. Steph, that is beautiful! I just learned to crochet and am making a blanket for my sister-in-law's first baby, due in January... I thought at first- no big deal, it will be done quick... ha! I'm maybe halfway through it and have started working on it every night to get it done. It is peaceful to sit with yarn, though, isn't it? even with little ones trying to take the project away!

    I bet he'll be thrilled to get it as his own on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your talent never ceases to amaze me! Beautiful blanket!!

    ReplyDelete