Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Progress! And I forgot about Baseball...

So my appointment today was a little fun. I only gained 0.4 lbs--yay! That's more like it. :) I'm also 2 cm dilated so far, but that doesn't surprise me...I usually begin dilating early on. Yep, doesn't look like I'll need a 39-week appointment. I'm still kind of focusing my sights on 2 weeks from now, the week after Easter, because that would be good timing for us. But I know I'm not the one who calls the shots. I'm really, really, really praying she is under 9 lbs (8 lbs 15 oz does NOT count!!!). And again, I know I don't get a say in that really. :)

I forgot to mention earlier that Mitch is coaching baseball for St. Cloud Christian School. He just finished up the basketball season last month, don't know if I mentioned that either. He loves coaching. The baseball team is 5th and 6th grade boys, so we asked Micah if he wanted to play. This is his first-ever opportunity to be involved in a sport. We haven't had our kids in sports for some pretty obvious reasons: 1) cost and 2) convenience. There's no way we can cart kids all over the place just for sports. Afterall, I grew up just fine without all those extracurricular opportunities. :) Well, this is just plain old convenient for us since Mitch is going anyways. The cost is a little high--ouch--$45 to play, $55 for a glove, a couple used baseballs, and some cleats, and we still need to buy the...ahem...cup. Yeah, I'm glad that we don't do sports very often. Micah has had two trainings so far and really seems to love it. He loves seeing his old classmates from SCCS, too. I'll never be a "soccer mom" because I just don't have that level of commitment, but I am really excited for this unique opportunity for both Mitch and Micah. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the baby is almost here. Didn't you just announce you were pregnant?

    ReplyDelete