Saturday, May 09, 2009

For Mother's Day

I don't have a great post (yet) for Mother's Day, but one of the best blogs I follow does. If you haven't found Ann Voskamp's blog yet, you need to. :)

Her special post for Mother's Day is a repost from last year. Has it really been a whole year that I've been following her blog? Surely not! Maybe she has reposted it more recently. Or maybe I read it digging through the archives. Oh well, at any rate, it makes my heart skip a beat and my throat ache with the joy of being a mother. How blessed I am!

Tomorrow we are dedicating Tirzah in our church. The dedication ceremony is a special ceremony where both we as parents and our church family dedicate her to God. All of our children have had similar ceremonies. Part of what the pastor will say is this: "...together with your parents who love you dearly and this people who care about the outcome of your faith, I dedicate you to God, surrendering together with them all worldly claim upon your life in the hope that you will belong wholly to the Lord, forever." I should have pictures to post tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a good family one, too! It will be a good way to celebrate Mother's Day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment