Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Camp, Father's Day, Toads, Tirzah, and more!

Tirzah was 2 months old on Sunday. Last Thursday I took her in to the doctor for a well-baby check. She weighed 11 lbs 11 oz and get this--measured over 25 in long! We think that might be a bit of a stretch, but there is no denying that she is long (just not maybe *that* long). Here is a picture of her next to my 24-in omnigrid ruler. Obviously I selected just the right angle to make it LOOK like she really could be 25 in long. :)


Tirzah wore my favorite dress to church on Sunday. Well, one of my favorites. This is one that her cousin Beth handed down to Eden, and it was one of my favorites for Eden. Which is why I saved it. I never thought it would be 10 years, and I still can't believe it's been 10 years since I had a baby girl to dress up.


My oldest three kids, Kristin's oldest 2 (front right), and Selena (middle back) all went to camp this week at Camp Lebanon. They are gone Sunday through Thursday. It's great that they can all be together. All the boys made it into the same cabin and the girls are in the same cabin/room. They love it at camp. One cool thing the camp does is has boxes labeled with each day of the week out front of the main building. So when we drop off the kids we can also put "mail" into each box designated to be delivered on that day. I wrote 12 letters, one for each of my 3 each day. It's hard to be creative and write that many at one time. :) For Monday I copied both of the boys' arithmetic sheets and put into their letters saying I didn't want them to get behind. On Tuesday I wrote that we decided they didn't really have to do the sheets, but we were saving some chores at home for them to do. And went on and on about how many chores they were missing out on. So hopefully that will keep them from being homesick (thank goodness they are not at home to do all this work!). :) I also posted every day that they should take showers if they want us to claim them on Thursday.


I remember my first time going to camp. I had signed up for 4-H camp. I couldn't wait to go. I was so excited. On the day I was supposed to leave my dad made egg sandwiches for lunch. This was NOT offensive--simply scrambled eggs and cheese on toast. How yummy is that? Well, I was a super picky eater and hadn't tried this before. I threw a fit. My dad (big ole' meanie) said that I couldn't go to camp if I didn't eat my sandwich. LOL Of course I ate it and LOVED it. I still eat them all the time. I was such a difficult child.

Happy Father's Day, Dad, I love you so much. You mean so much to me!! I wish we could see each other more. I have you with me every day in spirit.

Mitch was mowing the lawn on Monday night (yay for rain to grow the grass!) and found a toad. Malachi was running around outside and we grabbed him to show him the toad. At first he was afraid of it. We got some cute video of him trying to warm up to this strange creature. "Puppy" was what it was called at first. Everything is a puppy until it gets a proper name, and then sometimes it is still called a puppy. Much to my chagrin (and apparently the toad agreed), Mitch told Malachi to give the toad a kiss. This is what happened...


Mitch put Tirzah and Malachi in the swing together yesterday. It was SO hot outside (good for our kids at camp on the lake). They couldn't keep their eyes open!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY, Tirzah!! Elle had her FOUR month appointment yesterday and she is 12#, 24"! Crazy!

    Love the swing picture, it has been SO HOT. I'm very glad for the reprieve today.

    ReplyDelete