Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ahhhh...Summer!

Micah at the Oistad's pool on Monday
(finally a warm day after rescheduling twice!!)


Mitch is out mowing the lawn. Usually it's so HOT and DRY in July that there's not much of a lawn to mow (unless we bother to water the lawn, of course). Seriously, I could probably dig out a "typical" July picture of our lawn--yellow/brown, scraggly grass without a smither of shade on it. Not so this year--our June was rather warm and dry (unfortunately), but our July has been rather cool and wet. Strange. Anyways, our grass is thick and green and just makes SO much fun to mow when you can see what you've accomplished (right?). At least *I* think so.

Josh comes running in and says, "Zeke! Come outside--Daddy's cutting a square in the grass!!" Josh was SO emphatic, and SO insistent, and given Mitch's fun-loving nature, I assumed he was showing off for his small audience. So then Mitch yells for me to come outside, and I figured he wanted to show me his "cool" figure. Naturally, I grabbed the camera as I went.

It was underwhelming. It was literally a rectangle. Normal grass mowing. :)

Mitch was oblivious to the excitement he had caused (and wanted me for something else--though I never figured that one out). Since his small audience had increased in number, he DID decide to do a little showing off.

Isn't it cool how something so simple and mundane to boring adults can be so COOL to children?


Matthew 18:1-4
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how cool it's been(must be that global warming *snicker*)! I was just thinking yesterday that we've only had the slip 'n slide out a couple of times and I think that was in June.

    ReplyDelete