Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Health Care Reform

I'm sure you feel inundated with information these days about the trillions of dollars democrats are spending and news updates on the health care reform. At least I do. It's easy to be overwhelmed. I mean, I have SO many other things to think about...how can I even tune in to BEGIN to understand this stuff? (Well, mostly you can probably guess right now I'm against the Health Care Reform...but that's no surprise).

I do like numbers. There is a blog called Political Math and the owner of the blog has gone to great entertaining lengths to help normal people like me understand the numbers being tossed around these days. It's very eye-opening. I thought it might be a good idea to share him with you if you haven't come across it already. He has many, many great videos on his blog, like this one using pennies to show actual job losses vs. the ones predicted by Obama if we didn't pass the stimulus package. By the way, his numbers do add up...he has so many readers and critics these days, they're certainly checking his math.

But we can't do anything about the stimulus package--good or bad, it's a done deal. What we do still have time to say something about is the health care reform. I don't like it one bit. Here is just one prediction, based on comparisons:

5 comments:

  1. I loved that video. That was adorable. I don't know why people think that this national insurance thing is a good idea. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I listen to the Matt Friedeman show (if you've heard of him, forgive me) almost every single day, and I think you'd like it if you had time to listen to it. It's fabulous, and he's a Christian who talks about political things that impact our country and other things that we as Christians face today. http://inthefight.wbs.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cute. But all this talk of universal health care in the US makes me incredibly thankful for how our system works in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute video. Chris and I were watching it and wondering what exactly it is that causes increased wait times? Are there fewer doctors or what??

    Stacey... your healthcare in Canada may be good, but I'll pass on your crazy high taxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, I think in the end it all evens out... I can't imagine having to pay insurance premiums and hospital bills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true Stacey, very true.

    ReplyDelete