Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Oops! Catching up...

I didn't realize it had been SO long since I've blogged. Oh well...I have lots of pictures to help tell what I've been up to!

I made a couple more nursing shirts. This one FEELS so nice on! I'll have to wait for laundry to get done to share a pic of the newest one.
The next few pictures are from the Fishing Derby at Lake George (which Micah declares is a "pond"...it's not, but it really isn't a very big lake as far as acreage goes).

Micah has been wearing a retainer for a little over a month. It's not technically a "retainer" because it's not retaining anything, it's actually moving a tooth. It has a little spring behind a tooth that was out of place (causing a crossbite). The spring is pushing the tooth forward and he is making great progress!


Caleb...always squinting! Of course, I DID have him looking almost right into the sun.


Mitch, Josh, and ChiZeke...I love this look...



I tried in vain to get a picture of Tirzah in my new favorite dress (this one is from Tara, right???). I *love* this dress and put her in it as often as I can. Of course, it matches SO MANY of my cute diapers! :)


Chi trying to be like the big boys...
I sewed a few more diapers and listed them for sale in my store--yay, finally!! Tirzah wanted to keep this one...

We had a little mini birthday celebration (according to tradition) for Micah and Anna's birthdays on the 4th. Micah's is actually on the 11th and Anna's is on the 12th. We were in the hospital recovering together 12 years ago and didn't even know each other. We think God is so cool how he brings people together! It's crazy how big these two are getting.


Mitch & I both juggled at the park while waiting for fireworks. People were just staring at us--craning their necks, turning their chairs, standing up to stare at us! Seriously, we are not good at all, but we had a good time. The older kids and other adults are in the background throwing around a football.
Holly and Tirzah. I didn't want to put bug spray on Tirzah, so she got a full body covering.

I got ZERO pictures of the fireworks that were actually decent. None. Oh well. I thought this one of Papa (Mitch's dad, Paul) and Josh was pretty sweet.

One thing Micah asked for his birthday was Godfather's Egg Pizza. They are no longer making it, so we wrote to Godfather's and asked politely if they would share the recipe (what is in that sauce???). They were soooo kind and called us and chatted with Mitch on the phone and chased down that recipe for us. It was super easy--just plain ole' country gravy is the sauce. So we surprised him with our homemade egg pizzas, that while not quite the same, he declared "delicious!"

Found this on my bed yesterday. What a treasure they are!

5 comments:

  1. Too funny! I was thinking as I posted yesterday that my 5 pics and 1 video were too much so I stopped adding stuff. Turns out, I could have done so much more! LOL

    I love the pic of Tirzah with Hope, and the other of Malachi and Tirzah. So sweet!

    Can't wait to see your other shirt. Now if I could just find the time to make more for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is, as I was typing it I was thinking Holly... wow... I guess you're not the only one with mind problems. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures! I love looking at all of them. And, yes, I think that dress was one of ours. There were so many of them that I'm really not for sure.

    What size is she wearing now? I'm getting ready to put a bunch of clothes on Craigslist. I'll let you know when I do if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! It looks like y'all are enjoying a fun summer!

    Do you have the full recipe for the breakfast pizza? I <3 Casey's breakfast pizza and have often wondered how they make their cheesy sauce. I'm sure it's something horribly unhealthy. ;)

    ReplyDelete