Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Easing back into it

We are easing back into schoolwork. Mitch's next foot appointment is on Thursday. Pray that the fracture is completely healed and that he will be permitted to walk on it again. Having him able to help chase kids around and do things requiring mobility will help a ton. His ankle is very stiff and he has very little range of motion. For example, when he sits with both legs straight out and points his toes, he can hardly get the hurt ankle to move. Not being a doctor, I would say he can move it about 10% compared to how he moves the other ankle. I predict physical therapy in his future.

Oh well, so now I'm trying to figure out where we left off...can't believe it was only a little over a week ago that we packed up the books and put them away. Today the kids pulled out their arithmetic and I am doing school with Zeke. The short break was sooooo nice and *I'm* having trouble getting motivated.

I forgot to mention that during our school break I have been potty-training Malachi. So far he is doing better than I ever expected. Some days he stays completely dry all day. He gets confused when we switch to a diaper for nap time and bed time or for going out. He also gets confused if I put him in the training underwear I made (because they are so similar to a diaper). Otherwise, he does best when either naked or just in shorts. :)

Since the weather has turned colder, Patrick asked us to help him find a long-sleeve shirt for soccer practice. I asked if he'd rather have white or black. He said green with polka-dots. :)

1 comment:

  1. Patrick cracks me up! Good luck finding him a shirt that meets his criteria. :)

    ReplyDelete