Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Re-runs Wearing Hand-Me-Downs

One day Mitch awoke from a nap. He looked to his right in the bed and thought to himself, "Micah & Eden are so cute." Then he realized what he was saying...Micah is 12 and Eden is 10. He was looking at Malachi & Tirzah. It feels a *little* (only a little, mind you) like watching a re-run of a really good show. So I devised a photo shoot to try to capture their likeness. It didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but it was a lot of fun. One thing that it does for me is it captures...at least briefly...how blessed we are. It was a special privilege to do this the first time around, and to get to do it twice, well, it just takes me breath away! [bummer I couldn't find the little head band...it's been laying around here for months, and disappeared right when I needed it, of course]



{"Smile, Tirzah"}

{Daddy making his girl happy}






4 comments:

  1. They are so cute and I definitely see the likenesses. I have similar thoughts when I'm pushing my 3 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter in the jogger. My first two were a boy and girl 2 years apart. They're now 10 and 8, so it's been a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! They certainly have similarities. Malachi is such a ham. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute. :) The "many faces of Malachi" yesterday was cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! I have thoughts like this all the time and I'm constantly going back to old photos to see what our "big girls" (still only 5 and 3.5) were like when they were the ages of our little girls (2 and 8 months). Now I want to dress them up in hand-me-downs and do a photo shoot :) Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete