Thursday, December 10, 2009

Some pictures




Well, in a little over a week I've managed to take over 1,000 pictures with my new camera. Don't let that number shock you though. Most of them are either duplicates or pictures of no "real" subjects (like crayons, candle sticks, booger suckers, anything laying around that I can focus on). Many times I take a picture, adjust my settings, take it again, and repeat. Basically I'm learning as quickly as I can. :)

And that's the best advice I can give anyone who has a camera and wants to learn how to take better pictures: read some tips online, then shoot and shoot and shoot. :) I have a great book here with pointers on how to take great pictures with ANY camera (even a disposable camera), but I can't remember the name of it right now. If I come across it again, I'll let you know. For now, just do a google search. Something like "photography tips for point and shoot camera" should suffice. :)

I'm learning!

Oh, and if you think of it, say a prayer that Tirzah would stop biting me. It really hurts and I want to stop nursing. :(

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures look great. I love the focused subject, blurry background look. My sister just bought a "real" camera on eBay also. She plans to read the manual all the way home from South Dakota so that by the time she gets here for Christmas she'll know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete