Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Uploading Photos

If you have a feed reader, you may have gotten my last post a couple of times. Yeah, I changed it a little. Sorry about that!  Something has been bothering me, though.  I have this GREAT camera (the Nikon D80), which takes incredible pictures, yet when I upload them on my blog, the pictures always look pixelized to me, no matter how I try doing the jpeg compression.  It's been a *little* frustrating.  So I'm going to see if I can explain what I mean.  Typically I upload my pictures using blogger (which most people say I definitely should not do).  I love that you can click on the photos to see a higher resolution version.  But maybe I don't love it anymore.  I have noticed a few other...ahem..."professional" photographers...use flickr to upload their photos.  So I'm giving it a whirl. 

I don't know...do you see a difference?  I don't think I'm bothered as much with flickr!  I think the pictures uploaded to flickr look smoother.  Can you tell which ones (besides by clicking on them)?


toys


DSC_2337

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. The colors are brighter in the flickr photos. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I don't like about flickr is that the pictures end up being small, and you can't click on them to make them bigger. That annoys me :)

    ReplyDelete