Monday, February 08, 2010

Boring but Good

I met with the surgeon, Dr. Mitchell, today.  I have a clean bill of health!  He said I can resume normal activities and do anything I want.  He did not check my blood levels.  I'm supposed to schedule a follow-up appointment with the hematologist, but I'm dragging my feet on that.  I do really want to know in a month or so what my blood levels are, so I guess I will schedule it.  Ugh.  I'm just not excited to see him again.  :)  Dr. Mitchell gave me two more immunizations, one for Hib and the Meningitis one.  It's so funny because it's the ones my babies normally get.  One arm is terribly sore and the other isn't sore at all.  I said next time I'm going to just drop my pants and get them in the legs instead...I hate having a sore arm!!

Eating is not going so well for me right now.  I have no idea how much weight I've lost, but I guess it's probably around 10 lbs.  I was down to 125 when I checked in for surgery.  When I eat my tummy feels really full and crampy afterward.  I get reflux if I lay down after even just a drink of water.  I have a cold right now and a lot of nasal drainage.  I think that is upsetting my tummy.  Dr. Mitchell says if the cold gets better but my tummy does not then he would like to try a little Reglan to get me back on the right track.  I was trying to think of where I'd heard of Reglan before, but was able to figure it out when I got home--it is sometimes given to nursing mothers to increase their milk supply.  Good, no worries on being bad for breastfeeding!  The worst part about eating is that nothing sounds good and nothing tastes good.  I was able to drink Pepsi last week and even eat pizza, so that is a good sign that maybe my current symptoms are brought on by the cold.  When I get better I am going to eat and eat and eat!!

Mitch has the cold too.  We both have runny noses and just generally feel tired and weak.  I hope today is the worst and tomorrow we'll start feeling better.  All three babies (Tirzah + 2 daycare babies) took naps at the same time today (rare) and I got a nap in too.  The kids all seem to be ok and unaffected by it.  I really hope Tirzah doesn't get it.  Sleepless nights would not help at all.  :) 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! That's so good to hear! I hope your tummy feels better once the cold passes, you don't have any weight to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having issues with eating. Wish I could lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks! LOL On the other hand, I think I'll just hang on to all my organs for now... so I guess that weight will have to come off through some actual WORK on my part. ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have a clean bill of health!! I hope that your cold goes away..and that you start to like food again. We are still praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete