Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dem's Fightin' Words!

"Why don't you delete some pictures?"

That's what Patrick said to me last night.   No lie.  :)  I was looking at my computer and realized my {{SMALL}} harddrive only had 32 gigabytes free.  Yikes!!  I have an 8 GB memory card in my camera nearly full.  What am I going to do??

It's true, I do have a LOT of pictures that probably aren't worth keeping.  But it is SO hard, SO time-consuming, to go through the database and delete them out.  I was able to delete some files I'd been hoarding, empty my recycle bin, etc, and free up about 30 more GB.  (Yes, I know...that's a lot of stuff in the trash).  Still...to even free up 1 GB, I would have to delete at least 25 pictures.

What I really need to do is move them all to their own hard drive.  But it's still "only" about 85 GB.  What in the world is taking up so much room?? (For the record, my hard drive is really small--232 GB--and we originally intended to switch it out right away, but never got around to it.  Now I don't want to stop what I'm doing to go through all that mess.  Oye.)

No comments:

Post a Comment