Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lost and Found

I know it's not really a valuable thing.

It is replaceable.

But when I couldn't find it, I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking about this:
DSC_5171
...and how in the world was I going to be able to sew without pins??

I had NO extras. Every pin in my house was kept in its rightful place on the pin cushion. Not just any pin cushion. I received it as a gift from my step-mom, Janet. It is beautiful. And perfect. And it held all my favorite pins.

We blamed this little thing:
DSC_5203

It *had* to be her. She had a new love of throwing things in the garbage can. We must not have noticed.

I looked everywhere, then gave up hope. Bonnie told me not to buy a new one. She had plenty to share. And she did. :) So the show was able to go on--yay!

Then Wednesday afternoon I moved a couple bolts of fabric and quickly let out a shout of joy (into Kristin's ear, who happened to be on the phone with me). There, peeking out of the shadows, was a bright message just for me:
DSC_5176
See, it wasn't about the pins. It was about the cushion itself. And the message therein: ISLY. A secret code shared between Mitch and I since before we were married. I still love you. I can hardly bring myself to use the pins since he left that message during a moment of boredom(?) many weeks ago. :)

And the arrangement on the other side:
DSC_5177
Left there by Kristin during a boring afternoon at my house. (Can those be boring?) It's been there for more months than I can remember--I never use those pins either!

Good thing I have a safe spot for my treasure:
DSC_5178
Inside Bonnie's box, my new pin cushion. :)

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to find a lost treasure, even one that doesn't seem to have a high monetary value?

Jesus told lots of stories in the Bible about finding lost items. All to illustrate HIM searching for and finding US, his lost sheep.

Something so simple, even silly, as a pin cushion, reminded me of the love of my husband, my best friend, and my Savior. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo! You found it! It's a beautiful pin cushion and such beautiful messages left for you. Thank you for sharing that happiness today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found it! And, what a great place to store it and keep it safe. ") Not much likelihood of Tirzah running off with the new pincushion (at least not without being noticed LOL).

    ReplyDelete