Monday, April 05, 2010

IE is Being Mean to Me

Patrick has a new theme song.  Since he has been working on my website, it has become even more painfully apparent that Internet Explorer...um...sucks.  {excuse my language}

So we thought one approach may be to just say on the website, IE sucks, install Firefox (or Chrome, or something else equivalent, anything but IE!) for optimum viewing.  But Patrick didn't think that would go over very well, and tried to find a nicer way to say it.  Then he found this great song:



Now, please don't misunderstand us and be offended!  It's not bad to use IE.  Maybe you had no idea.  But some of that song really explains it well--Patrick writes perfectly good, beautiful code, that will work well in everything.  Except Internet Explorer.  And Microsoft (The Evil Empire) strikes again.  Du du dunnnn.

We can see right now that about 51% of visitors to my website use Internet Explorer (boo!), so we are only joking about putting up a message.  Maybe.  But Patrick asked me if I could put up a poll on my blog. (See the sidebar) So what internet browser do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. I go back and forth between FF and IE. I think I like FF features better than IE, but it runs slower, and most importantly, it crashes my laptop/ "updates" more frequently. Because IE is more popular, it is prone to more viruses from malicious advertisements(I've had that happen to me from FB).

    My particular laptop has a known fault -its a Dell laptop (Lattitude D600) is prone to locking up when coming out of sleep mode, and the FF browser would cause this to happen more frequently... only to restart and see that FF convieniently "updated" my FF to make it even more secure (cough, yeah, ok...)... I don't know if that is the standard message or what when it restarts. So I'm back to IE again - but my IE hates my "malicious" Swagbucks plugin on the search bar... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted FF because that's what I use, but Chris uses and loves Chrome. We purposefully use different browsers so we can both have logins/passwords saved and not have to log in/out of our email/FB/etc all the time.

    He had a brief fling with IE, but I made him stop because it kept crashing our computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll be the lone Opera user. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Love the song! We use Firefox and Safari. I can't remember the last time we had IE installed on a computer??

    Maybe you should post that video on your store... LOL

    ~k

    ReplyDelete