Friday, April 23, 2010

A Sad Day

Yesterday I was transferring pictures from my memory card to my computer.  I was all finished, and went to place the card back in my camera (the D80).  It wouldn't stay in--it would go in, but wouldn't "lock" into position.  I ran it to our local Nikon dealer, who took a look at it and figured out what was going on.  He said it would have to be sent in for a repair, and the body would have to come apart, which would mean a minimum $200.  He said most likely that the card slot would be replaced, which is $230.  Ugh.  They are going to call me back with a quote today.  Leaving my camera there was almost like handing over one of my children, LOL.  I have no idea how long it will take to get it back.  I was so sad that I nearly cried.  I know, that's a little goofy. :)

I have no idea how it happened.  It was working perfectly on Tirzah's birthday, and I had the card in and out several times (as evidenced by the photos on the blog).  The camera was in my sewing room all night and all morning while I transferred pictures, and no one else was nearby at all to mess with it.  So there really is no explanation.  I dreamed last night that it was miraculously fixed without sending it in for the expensive repair...but alas, it was only a dream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment