Thursday, May 20, 2010

Planting

It's time to transplant our little plants and plant seeds!  We had a couple weeks of rain and really cold temps (we even had a freeze while the guys were away on their camping trip), and that has finally passed and given way to sunshine.  We're pretty confident we're in the clear now, so Mitch is all about planting.

Here's a bunch of photos to chronicle our little plants' beginnings:

DSC_7483
{Baby cucumbers}
DSC_7485

DSC_7486
{Peppers}
DSC_7488
{Father, Son, Daughter}
DSC_7494

DSC_7503
{Tiny pepper plant hiding in there}
DSC_7515.
{Corn, radishes, carrots, lettuce, and I am not sure what else are all going in our raised bed garden.}

Also, I got a filter for my camera lens. I was ordering some arborio rice for Patrick from Amazon.com (it's over $1/lb cheaper that way) so he can make milk rice. I needed to spend $3 to get free super saver shipping. Couldn't figure out what to buy. I had a $5 gift card too from swagbucks. Sweet. So I finally decided on a $6 polarizing filter for my camera lens. Look at this (both are with the polarizer, just turned different ways):

DSC_7432DSC_7433

I wish I would have thought to take one without the filter on at all. But I'm going to have fun with this one, for sure. I love how I can eliminate reflections off glass, and I can't wait to try it out with water scenes as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment