Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Writing

I hate it when I write blog posts in my head.  I write the most beautiful posts there!  As soon as they are written in my mind, I have instant writer's block and can no longer remember them once I get to my computer.  It's as if I flush them out.  Unfortunately, I begin a lot of blog posts just that way at 3 or 5 a.m. when Tirzah wakes me up and I'm trying hard to go back to sleep.  The other night I came up with a really good one.  I tried to shut my mind off and keep it from "writing" in my subconscious!  (If you didn't already, you are probably now thinking that I'm really weird...you're right.)  Alas, it was to no avail.  I even tried laying back down one evening to see if it would come to me--but all I did was fall asleep.  :)  I'm still working on it, though it has been very difficult.

People often ask me how I have time to write my blog.  If I could figure out how to get a wireless connection between my brain and the computer, it would be easier.  (Not to mention how much money I could make with an invention like that...)

Seriously, though, I take advantage of the auto-save feature on blogger.  It saves like every 3 seconds or something ridiculous.  If I have to walk away from a post and come back later, then no problem.  I also sometimes use the scheduling feature--if I have two or three really good ideas come out of my fingers all at once, but I don't want to post them all at once, I schedule them to post later--like I'm going to do with this one!  {Then I nearly drive myself insane waiting for them to appear "later"}

I don't consider myself to be a "good" writer.  I don't write clearly or concisely...or with an identifiable style.  I write more like I talk--randomly.  :)  But I have always enjoyed writing, so I keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment