Thursday, June 17, 2010

Coming Soon to our Nation's Capital

It is common knowledge that with a large group, it's easier to keep track of the group if everyone is wearing the same color. A few months ago I proposed that we should buy everyone matching t-shirts for our time in D.C. The idea evolved into making family "team" shirts, and Patrick suggested the color pink. I giggle at the irony...7 boys, 3 girls...and our team color is pink. Perfect!!!

DSC_8783

{BGTF stands for "By Grace Through Faith" and is taken from Ephesians 2:8 (see my post on The Best and The Worst for a link to Sunday's sermon)}

DSC_8787

{Names on the back are obviously a tribute to Lord of the Rings...and may possibly suggest personality traits in our children...but also serve the purpose of giving us some anonymity on our trip.  We mulled over who should be which characters for a long time and had a lot of fun picking them out.}

What's that you say? There's 11 shirts here??

Doh! Well I always said there are thee kinds of mathematicians: the kinds that can add and the kinds that can't.

Wonder who that extra t-shirt could be for? I'll give you two hints: she will probably read this soon, and she is very excited to join our family in August.

4 comments:

  1. Great Shirts!! You are too creative! I love the idea of the lord of the rings characters :) Hope you have a safe trip..good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun. I love D.C.! Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing who the 11th shirt is for: another foreign exchange student??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know who that shirt is for ... Katja ?!

    ReplyDelete