Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Saddest Day of the Year


Today was a hard day.  We were blessed by having Devona and Anna Emerson over to watch daycare children so we could all accompany Patrick to the airport.  Overall things went very well, but it was a long ride and I was trying hard not to cry until the end.  Check-in took quite a while as Patrick tried to shuffle his luggage around and get his suitcases down to 50 lbs each.  Finally we gathered around in a tight family huddle while Mitch prayed for Patrick.  Then we each got hugs.  I took pictures of everyone, and while not all the pictures are good I just can't skip posting any of them (I don't want to leave anyone out).

{Tirzah}

{Malachi}

{Joshua}

{Actually Zeke lucked out and got 2 hugs...I just missed the first one.}

{Caleb}

{Eden}

{Micah}

"Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth.  Go in peace!  I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."  Gandalf, The Return of the King

{Mitch}

{Steph}

Goodbye, Patrick, we love you!!

5 comments:

  1. That had to be so sad for you all. I'm in tears just looking at the pics :o( (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn Hostetler7/30/2010 10:08 AM

    I'm crying now, too! Thanks for sharing those very personal moments with us.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried looking at the pictures and reading your post. Lots of ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this post for the 3rd time... and it still makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, Kristin, tell me about it! But I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete