Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sonshine Music Festival

Mitch and Patrick are at the Sonshine Music Festival this weekend with other members of the church youth group.  It sounds like they are having a blast!  I think there are something like 80 bands playing over the course of 4 days.  There are 4 or 5 different stages, so sometimes you have to choose between bands.  They got a great camping spot and their tent is within view of the mainstage.  Just to give you an idea, Mitch called me yesterday while the David Crowder band was playing in the background "There is no one like you, there has never been anyone like you..."  He said he had already watched Sanctus Real (love their new song Lead Me) earlier in the day and said that SuperChick was amazing.  He was super excited to hear Newsboys later after David Crowder.  Oh boy.  My friend Angie is there with her D80 getting some very cool pictures (at least I hope she is getting good shots), too.  I am only a *tiny* bit jealous.  It would be so fun to be 18 again, without a care in the world, just hanging with friends, worshiping and praising our AWESOME God to great music with thousands of other people.    Now I say that I am only a tiny bit jealous because I can't deny that I AM jealous, however I am not 18 and carefree and I am not sure I have the energy to "rock on" for that length of time.  :)

When Mitch called he also said that there are people walking around holding signs that say "Free Hugs."  So he decided he could one-up that a la Peanuts style and made his own sign that said "Premium Hugs $1".  Patrick decided to make a sign that said "German Hugs $1."  Then people stopped Patrick to ask if he is from Germany, and they had an opportunity to share their YFU story.  Mitch also said that Patrick was giving away his German hugs for free.  ;) I called him this morning and he said that Paul Coleman just showed up at their group of tents and sat down and started playing his guitar for them.  WAY cool.

I have enjoyed visits from friends both Thursday night (Kelly) and Friday night (Marilyn Hostetler, Sheila & Scott & kids, Maria, and Kristin).  Sheila and Scott (whom we met through the YFU exchange program) took Eden, Caleb, and Zeke overnight.  Today I will (hopefully) get my grocery shopping done and otherwise just preserve my sanity before fetching my missing children.  I think it will be a good day.  Mitch and Patrick's day will culminate with a Skillet concert tonight...I know they will enjoy that band a little more than I do, it's just not quite my style.  :)  Then they will drive home afterward, which will mean they pull in v-e-r-y late (2 am??).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Sunshine Festival! Haven't been there since we had kids though, so it's been awhile. I don't love the communal showers though, lol!

    ReplyDelete