Sunday, August 01, 2010

As Long as You Are Glorified

We sang this song in church today.  It is not one that we sing very often (maybe only once before?), but it has been one of my favorites for a long time, since I heard about it on a blog by a mom who was pregnant with conjoined twins.  The opening line says, "Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings, yet not welcome any pain."  I have thought about this a lot in the past couple weeks.  It was painful to say goodbye to Patrick, but I also said many times that the pain was worth it. 

Be encouraged and lifted up, no matter what form of pain you are experiencing in life!



"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever." (Westminster Shorter Catechism)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the song. I listened to it several times over the last few days. Reminds me what my dad tried to get across to me all those years - "you have to take a little bad with the good" meaning somedays it will rain and give thanks for the storm that brings rain as well of sunshine days. Being a farmer he understood you needed sunshine to make hay but also the plants needed rain.
    Thanks Steph!

    ReplyDelete