Thursday, August 19, 2010

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread

It is hard to believe that God could use this:

And this:



To produce this:


Today's harvest.  Amazing!!  The little garden has produced more than I ever dared to dream.  I think I counted a total of 23 ears of corn...just one shy of the "2 dozen" I boasted of.  But who's counting?  We have harvested tons of cucumbers.  The tomatoes promise to be bountiful if the weather holds long enough to ripen them.  We WILL have some hot peppers, but I will not hold my breath for bell peppers.  The good news is the grocery store has plenty, and on sale too.  ;)

Now if I only had the guts to try my hand at some refrigerator pickles.  I think I am going to have to develop a plan for those tomatoes.  And my friends Shannon and Scott dropped off a grocery bag full of pears.  I'll say it again:  Amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. hope you find something to do with all those pears. Scott has been getting some recipes from the older ladies at work, we'll let you know if any are worth trying!!

    ReplyDelete